Monday, March 4, 2013

TV Review: The Carrie Diaries

So even though I promised myself I wouldn't get into another TV show until after this school year but... I failed. After Alison from amarixe on YouTube was talking about the Carrie Diaries I thought I would give it a try and I fell in love with it after the first episode! I'm about 5 episodes in and can't get enough (which could be dangerous considering March Madness at school is coming up).

For those of you who may not be aware, The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to the much beloved Sex and the City. It is super funny, whimsical and entertaining. It's a cross between a teen drama but an adult cult favourite.

It takes place in 1984 back and forth from Connecticut and Manhattan and revolves around Carrie Bradshaw (obviously) at the age of 16. She gets an internship in Manhattan and begins to discover the big city. She balances two lives and discovers herself in a new way. It represents a typical teen relationship to parents, sibling and friends but with a twist.

I don't want to give too much away in case anyone wants to start watching it but if you have some free time, I would definitely check it out. What surprised me the most were the clothes! I couldn't believe how much from the 80s has come back in style.

So if you have time or if you have a list of shows you want to start I would put this on it! If you already watch it, let me know what you love (or maybe don't love it) -I would love to hear your thoughts!!

PS: check out Alison's blog and YouTube channel! She's one of my favourites :)

1 comment: